Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: meter socket

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mosman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am wondering what the minninum distance is between a hot tub and a w/p resedential meter socket?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bigrockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good question, it seems there is noting specific to this in the codebook. When I was in Alberta I called the AHJ with this same question and I never did get a definitive answer.
    Hopefully someone has an answer.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cosimo Diano's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2004
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has to be at least 3M away unless separated by a fence, wall, or other permanent barrier.

    68-068 (7) Except as permitted by Rule 68-070, the following equipment shall be protected by a ground fault circuit interrupter:

    (a) Electrical equipment placed in the water in the pool; and

    (b) Audio amplifiers connected to loudspeakers in the pool water; and

    (c) Electrical equipment located within the confines of the pool walls or within 3 m of the inside walls of the pool and not suitably separated from the pool area by a fence, wall, or other permanent barrier; and

    (d) Receptacles located in wet areas of a building, and associated with the pool, such as locker and change rooms.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bigrockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    (c) Electrical equipment located within the confines of the pool walls or within 3 m of the inside walls of the pool and not suitably separated from the pool area by a fence, wall, or <font color="red">other permanent barrier;</font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My question to the AHJ was does the conduit and the WP meter constitute a suitably permanent barrier, I never did receive an answer and I do suspect it does not, but I was hoping for a solid answer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •